I love Easter. The world seems to be coming back to life after the winter. The days are getting longer and warmer. And we celebrate with chocolate. What's not to love!
So I thought I'd share with you my favourite Chocolate Truffle recipe, it's so easy.
Makes approx 25
- 150g good quality drak chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 150ml double cream
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp zest and juice of an orange, or 1 tsp of Brandy or Grand Marnier
- Cocoa powder, icing sugar, hundreds and thousands, or other pretty sprinkles
- Break the chocolate into pieces in a bowl.
- Put the cream and butter into a saucepan and heat gently until the butter melts and the cream simmers.
- Remove from heat and pour over the chocolate. Stir together until you have a smooth mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 2 bowls and add your chosen flavours, or leave plain.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, remove from the fridge. Take a teaspoon and shape into balls and place on grease proof paper.
- Roll truffles in cocoa powder, icing sugar, hundreds and thousands, or other pretty sprinkles.
Place on a baking tray to chill again.
Best kept in the fridge.