You will need-
• Cosmetic-grade beeswax pellets approx 20grams
• 100% cotton fabric 35 x 35cms
• Scissors or pinking shears
• Dry Iron
• Baking paper
• Cut a piece of fabric 35cms x 35 cms square with pinking shears, this helps prevent fraying.
• Cut 2 pieces of parchment paper, a bit bigger than the fabric.
• Heat the iron on a Wool setting or approx 150oC
• Place a towel on your ironing board to protect it.
• Put 1 sheet of baking paper down on the ironing board, place your piece of cotton fabric on top. Sprinkle on a thin layer of bees wax pellets. Place the 2nd layer of baking paper on top.
• Gently dry iron over the top to melt the bees wax pellets. Push the wax to the edges. If you have any gaps, add a few more pellets.
• Leave to cool, and peel off the baking paper.
• Use your newly made beeswax wrap to cover food while it's stored in the fridge. Using the warmth of your hands, press the wrap around the food to mould it into shape. Make sure the food is cool before wrapping.
• To reuse your wraps, wash them with a mild dish soap and cool water and leave flat or hang to dry.
Let me know if you decide to have a go. It's really easy and fun! Come over and share a photo in the Chez Beccy Life facebook group. Join HERE
To watch a video demonstration below