1. Ask the landowners permission before picking anything
2. When picking leaves or flowers, pick from several different trees or plants. Leave plenty for the plant to develop into fruits and seeds.
3. Only pick as much as you need and leave plenty for the wildlife to eat
4. Find plants away from any busy roads if possible.
5. Avoid low hanging leaves of plants that may have been peed on!
6. Snip off flower heads or fruit, with as little stalk as possible.
7. Place flowers, fruit or leaves gently into a basket or bag
8. Choose a dry, sunny morning before the insects have harvested the pollen
9. Use the flowers, fruit or leaves as soon as possible