I know these are called Easter Biscuits but my Dad loves to make these all year round! Let me know how you get on. And remember to tag me with your pics @chezbeccy
200g/8oz plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp mixed spice
100g/4oz unsalted butter
100g/4oz caster sugar
50g/2oz currants or sultanas
1 egg, beaten
A little caster sugar for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
Lightly grease a baking tray.
2. Measure the flour into the bowl. Add the spices. Weigh out the butter and rub in.
3. Stir in sugar and currants
4. Beat the egg. Work egg into dry ingredients. Bring together using your hands. Knead lightly, on a lightly floured work surface, until you have a soft dough. Chill dough if sticky. If not sticky enough add milk.
5. Roll out to about 5mm in thickness. Cut out biscuits and place on baking tray. Sprinkle with caster sugar.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 mins or until pale golden-brown. Sprinkle with caster sugar and place on wire rack to cool.
Click here to download this recipe