My top tip when cooking is taste as you go along. Then taste after the sauce been in the oven for 30 mins as the flavours will develop with cooking.
Let me know how you get on. And remember to tag me with your pics @chezbeccy
8 slices of unsmoked streaky bacon rashers, cut into pieces
1 handful of rosemary leaves, chopped
1 large onion chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
450g of minced beef
1 glass red wine or 1/2 a glass of water
1 level teaspoon of oregano
1 x 400g tin of tomatoes
A handful of sun dried tomatoes chopped
455g dried pasta
2. Fry the bacon and rosemary in olive oil, in a big pan that can go in the oven, until it starts to brown.
3. Add the onion first, when that starts to soften add the garlic.
4. Continue to fry for a few minutes, then add the wine.
5. Simmer for 5 minutes so the wine reduces, the add the oregano, and all the tomatoes.
6. Season well. Cover with a lid and put in the oven for 90 mins.